Helping Ukraine, the Costa Center in Wroclaw
From the first days of the war, we began to organize aid that was to come directly to Ukraine: to the army, to the defense units and to the civilians in the cities affected by the fighting. The first meeting began on February 24th, the first shipment took place on February 27th, and on March 1st we received the first truck with the help of residents of Hanover (Germany). Subsequent shipments arrive regularly, including from Berlin and Lehr, Germany, as well as from the United Kingdom and Scotland.
We focus on transporting those things that meet the needs of the people to whom we deliver them. In short, the whole process is based on the following: cooperation of a group of Ukrainians who compile and provide us with the so-called “needs lists” and are responsible for the local distribution of aid; networks of Ukrainian and Polish drivers transporting goods across the border; and us, a group of people from Wroclaw, that are responsible for the logistics of the whole project, as well as for receiving, sorting and transporting humanitarian aid.
The basis of our activity is delivery of certain products from the „needs lists”, without the transportation of goods that are not currently needed in Ukraine (for example, summer clothes) and their export to certain points of reception. We send aid to such cities as Kharkiv, Sumy, Kyiv, Bila Tserkva, Dnipro, Zhytomyr, Chernivtsi, Lviv, Lutsk and to many small towns and villages, by private individuals (whom we know personally).
Other products that are not needed at the forefront and in Ukraine are distributed through a network of Wroclaw foundations and refugee assistance centres from Ukraine in and around Wroclaw.
In addition to the transportation of basic products (including canned and children’s products, warm clothing for the army, sleeping bags, blankets, rugs, hygiene products, diapers, powerbanks, batteries, flashlights, etc.), we also organize specialized transportation:
- Medicines, medical dressing for hospitals in cities where war is taking place. We order medicines through an organization in Poland that specializes in this, and deliver them to the hospital to the medical staff. In Ukraine, we also support the initiative of volunteers to collect the lists of needs for medicines among residents of smaller towns and villages and their distribution (pharmacies are closed, and the elderly are afraid to leave home).
- Military equipment: bulletproof vests, helmets, night vision devices, binoculars, etc., under the supervision of the Department of Patrol Service of the National Police of Ukraine in Bila Tserkva and in cooperation with regional self-defense (each region has local self-defense units supplies).
- Equipment such as hydraulic units, saws, electric generators, etc. in cooperation with the State Emergency Service of Ukraine.
On both the Ukrainian and Polish sides, we have developed a network of foundations, companies and individuals involved in the direct assistance process. We are not an official organization or foundation. We are the owners and employees of several Wroclaw companies that are currently forming one team. All of this would not have been possible without the support of many volunteers and people who dedicated themselves to helping.
WE COOPERATE WITH/ FOR SUCH ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITIES (incomplete list):
• Charitable Foundation “Ridne Misto Moye”
• Charitable Foundation “Revival Soldiers of Ukraine”
• NGO „Night Ambassadors”.
• Patrol Service Department of the National Police of Ukraine, Bila Tserkva
• Vyshneve City Council of Bucha District of Kyiv Region
• Charkiv Regional Novovodolazka Village Council
• Starlife Chaty Chernivtsi
• Vasyl Mirchuk, Truskavets
• Kyiv Head Office
• Special boarding school Main (Main special boarding school)
• Lublin Boarding School (Lublin Boarding School)
• Volodymyr-Volyn Specialized Boarding School (Volodymyr-Volyn Specialized Boarding School)
• KRUPIVSKY TRAINING AND REHABILITATION CENTER
• Novoyarychiv village council
• Charitable Foundation “Dobra Sprava”
• Restaurants in Kyiv that cook for people for free
• Lege Artis Foundation, Ivanna Bus
• Smile.expert Medical Center (https://www.facebook.com/smile.expert)
• Foundation for Prenatal Medicine, Ernest Wojciecki in Warsaw
• Widzialna Ręka, Katarzyna Galecka-Kowalczyk
• Council of the Rozhanka residential complex
• SPACE | Center for Academic Culture and Local Initiatives
• TakePomóż.pl Foundation
• Association “Poranek”
• Center for Cultural Resuscitation
LIST OF HOSPITALS IN UKRAINE WHERE WE SUPPLY MEDICINE:
• Military Medical Clinical Center of the Western Region
• Regional Clinical Hospital for War Veterans of Kirovohrad Regional Council
• Brovary ambulance station
• Sumy emergency medical station
• Lviv Territorial Medical Association „Multidisciplinary Clinical Hospital of Intensive Care and Ambulance”
• Bila Tserkva Oncology Center
• Municipal Non-Profit Enterprise “Kopychyntsi Town Hospital”
• Municipal non-profit enterprise „Stebnytsia Town Hospital”
• Sumy Regional Charitable Foundation of Health Development
MAIN STOCK HOUSE, RECEPTION POINT AND PLACE OF TRANSHIPMENT:
Wrocław Pomaga – Costa
Miechowity Street 2, 51-162 Wrocław
• FB: @costawroclaw
NUMBERS OF BANK ACCOUNTS FOR TRANSFER OF FUNDS:
FUND “LEGE ARTIS”
ŻYWIECKA Str. 10, 33-300 NOWY SĄCZ
NIP 7543181630 | REGON 380161438 | KRS 0000723115
• Account in zlotys PL 19 1020 3453 0000 8602 0335 2747
• Account in eurosEUR 44 1020 3453 0000 8002 0338 3825 (SWIFT: BPKOPLPW)
• Account in dollarsUSD 46 1020 3453 0000 8902 0338 3833 (SWIFT: BPKOPLPW)
• Account in poundsGBP 51 1020 3453 0000 8702 0338 3841 (SWIFT: BPKOPLPW)
• Anna Lehutko (aid coordinator in Ukraine): email@example.com
• Małgorzata Busz (warehouse coordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Filip Filar: email@example.com